Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy Caturday

At the last show I played with my band, Maid Mosephine and the Equines, I wished everyone a happy Caturday.  It was Friday.  Anyways, this day (today:glorious) the cat and the horse are sitting side by side as I type, eating pop tarts and playing on oppositely colored computers.  

The theme of the ever-developing weekend is unity, I think.  So far, we've practiced for CinemaSounds (tonight at 10:30! Burns Court! $5!), went on a freestyle walk downtown to chat up the dudes at Clothesline, saw an art exhibit, and then stopped by Olive Oil Company for a rad show.  Sarasota's exploding with options, talent, and friends.  Tonight will be aforementioned CinemaSounds.  Tomorrow will bring coffee at our downtown headquarters and a MMATE show at Pastimes.  Throughout my dealings with the outside world I see fields of artists and musicians here trading places between act and audience, and both sets clap just as loud.  

(Mental Holding Of Hands in the Community!)

Just wanted to say, I think these days are pretty good regardless of the small number of pennies at the bottom of my purse.  

Good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment